This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Ok, I agree

2014 Savigny-les-Beaune Rouge

Le Grappin, Burgundy

Style Red wine
Size 750 ml
ABV 12.5% Alc.

Vineyard: 60 year old plot of Pinot Noir vines in the villages section of Aux Fournaux, a vineyard that is half Premier Cru, half villages at the border of Savigny-lès-Beaune, Pernand-Vergelesses and Aloxe-Corton. Soil is Bathonian marl over a limestone sub-soil which becomes more of a rich clay/marl as one goes down the slope. For me, this is one of the most exciting climats in Savigny, with a terroir that is the best of Savigny, and with elements of what one finds in the wines of Aloxe & Pernand. A heady mix.

Fermentation: Harvested by hand and sorted over 8 hours, 75% of the grapes were destemmed with the remaining 25% placed on top as whole cluster in a wooden vat. Dry ice was used to cool the fruit and protect the berries against oxidation with just a splash of SO2 pre-fermentation. After a six day cold soak, a fermentation by natural yeasts, with just two pump overs and no pigèage, the must was then basket pressed on the 15th day after harvesting. Settled for two weeks in tank before 11 months in a new barrel from Tonnellerie Jean-Nöel Minier, and a mix of older barrels from Tonnellerie Chassin without being disturbed by racking. Settled for three weeks in tank before being bottled under a DIAM closure without fining or filtration.

Barrels: 14% new oak, 11 months in barrels by Tonnellerie Chassin & Minier

Tasting Note: A complex nose of red currants, red cherries, blackberries, smoke and tar, develop further on a lissome, lithe palate, framed by very fine boned tannins and a long acid driven finish. A wine of grace and purity over concentration of extract.


All wines bought on EeBria are sent to you, by the winemakers, from the vineyard!

Find out why

More products from this producer


No reviews for 2014 Savigny-les-Beaune Rouge yet. Click below to add the first review
Add review
You have already submitted a review for this product.

You must be logged in to post a review

Log in

Are you a pub looking for kegs, bottles or cans? Visit